Follow us on Pinterest for
Total Body Transformation Workouts, Recipies, and Motivation! Click the link
for direct access!
You’ve made it this far...let’s see what else the Boot Camp Cincinnati Summer Ready Challenge requires!
The 100/100 Rule!
Earlier I mentioned the 80/20 Rule when it comes to nutrition and exercise. Well I had to say that to get you motivated to change you perception and habits when it comes to food and nutrition. Now for the really really's...the key to sustainable weight loss, nutrition, health, wellness and overall fitness is the 100/100 Rule. Every aspect of this new lifestyle requires you invest 100% into everything you do...especially exercise! Boot camp is offered three times a week. It involves various exercises that work our entire body. Squats, lunges, Burpees, mountain climbers, medicine ball slams just to name a few. Each of these exercises requires you exude high amounts of power and energy to complete. At the same time, you are burning fat and calories and building lean muscle. You are losing inches and pounds as time progresses. But back to my first statement...Boot Camp is offered three times a week. Hence, the key to effective weight loss is working out a minimum of 5 days a week and resting at least one day a week to allow your body to recover.
Don’t skip cardio! Below are the types of Cardio you can perform in addition to any boot camp, strength, or resistance training program!
Mix it up some days to keep it interesting! Challenge yourself and get in at least an hour of two types of cardio routines, 30 minute each.
• Walking at a challenging incline and pace for 30-45 minutes
• Walking/Jogging intervals at a challenging incline and pace. Walk for 2 minutes, Jog for 2 minutes for 30-45 minutes
• Elliptical at a challenging resistance/level for 30-45 minutes
• Arc Trainer at a challenging resistance/level for 30-45 minutes
• Rope Jumping Intervals 10-20 one or two minute intervals
• Combo Cardio – Jumping Jacks/Mountain Climbers/Jump Rope/Sprints/High Knees/Burpees, etc.
Choose 3-4 and perform 1 minutes intervals each for two 10 minutes sessions
• Outdoor jog/walk/run for 2-5 miles
DID YOU KNOW THAT BOOT CAMP HAS A FREE WALK/RUN/JOG GROUP! - Ask for details.
No matter what cardio you choose...continue to challenge yourself everyday! Increase the miles, the intervals, the resistance, the incline, the pace, or the levels you perform to make it challenging and to increase calorie burning.