Kabobs are easy, quick, and tasty! I love this marinade on them! Check it out! Yes, it's FTDI!
2lbs Chicken Breast diced
Brussels Sprouts sliced
Salsa ingredients in larger chunks (tomato, onion, jalapeno)
1 package of Wooden Skewers
Spicy Greek Marinade Ingredients:
1/3 cup Jalapeno Deli Style Mustard (zero calories, purchased at Stater Brothers)
1 tbsp McCormick Greek Seasoning
Instructions: MARINATE CHICKEN FOR APPROX 6-24 HRS PRIOR TO GRILLING!
1. Cut raw Chicken Breast into one inch pieces (perfect for skewers), place them into a large Ziploc bag and add the Jalapeno Mustard and Greek Seasoning to them. Zip the bag shut and move the Chicken pieces all around to make sure all the pieces are coated evenly with the marinade.
2. Refrigerate and marinate the raw chicken, mustard, and seasoning for AT LEAST 6 hours but up to 24 hours).
3. When you're ready to grill your meat, take it out of the fridge and place the chicken pieces onto the skewers. NOTE: Soak the wooden skewers in water for approx. 15 minutes prior to pacing the chicken on them so that they don't burn on the grill.
4. Make Veggie skewers as well with the Brussels Sprouts and Salsa ingredients in large chunks. Sprinkle some Greek Seasoning on the veggie skewers.
5. Grill the skewers on med/high heat for approx. 5 minutes on each side (both chicken and veggies) or until cooked through. I used my BBQ.
Portion Info: Pull Chicken off the skewers to weigh your COOKED meat (women 4oz, men 6oz) . You can also weigh your wet stick prior to loading it with chicken and minus the stick's weight from an entire skewer when weighing your COOKED skewer.
Egg White Veggie Muffins
Egg whites (can be boxed)
COOKED, diced, boneless, skinless Chicken Breast (or any other COOKED FTDI meat)
Raw, chopped Baby Spinach
Raw, chopped Broccoli
**Feel free to add any other FTDI veggie
COOKED Quinoa (or brown rice)
Garlic & Herb Mrs. Dash
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
Tapatio or Frank's Red Hot Sauce (or any other zero calorie Hot Sauce)
Instructions: PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 degrees
Note: There are no measurements in my ingredients because you can make however many you wish but you'll need to pay attention to each food group portions:
One portion of Egg Whites = Women 3-4 egg whites, Men 6-8 egg whites
One portion of cooked meat (protein) = Women 4oz, Men 6oz
One portion of Quinoa or Brown Rice (carb) = Women 2oz, Men 3oz
1. Spray a muffin/cupcake pan with zero calorie cooking spray.
2. In a bowl create ONE portion at a time combining all the muffin ingredients by portion.
Example: For me (woman portions) I would put 3 egg whites, 1oz cooked chicken breast, 2oz quinoa, and any FTDI veggie and stir it all together. Men would do the same thing but use their own portions.
3. Pour the mixture into the sprayed muffin tin (my mixture makes 2 muffins for one serving).
4. Bake at 350 degrees until cooked through (approx. 25-30mins).
Portion Info: See step #2 for portion details. These will be a full meal (protein, carb, and veggie).
**These muffins freeze great and you can re-heat them in the microwave by wrapping in a paper towel for 30 seconds. I eat them cold on the go too!
Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
1.5lbs fresh Brussels Sprouts
1tsp Pink Himalayan Salt or to taste
1tsp Garlic Powder
1tsp Onion Powder
1/2tsp ground Black Pepper or to taste
Zero Calorie Pam Olive Oil FLAVOR non-stick cooking spray
Honey Balsamic Sauce Ingredients:
2tbsp Balsamic Vinegar (NOT Vinaigrette)
2tbsp Walden Farm's Zero Calorie Pancake Syrup
Instructions: PREHEAT OVEN TO 425 degrees
1. Rinse and cut the ends off the Brussels sprouts then cut them all thinly lengthwise.
2. Put them in a bowl, spray them with Zero Calorie Pam Olive Oil FLAVOR non-stick cooking spray, add all the seasonings listed, then toss them combining it all together well.
3. Spread the coated/seasoned Brussels sprouts out evenly in a thin layer on a cookie sheet lined with foil (the foil will help them get toasty).
4. Bake them at 425 degrees in the middle rack for approx 20 minutes or until toasted and a little crunchy.
5. While they are baking make the sauce by combining the Honey Balsamic Sauce Ingredients in a small bowl and stir.
6. Once the Brussels Sprouts are done baking put them in a bowl, pour the Honey Balsamic sauce all over them while they're still hot and stir them up well. ENJOY!
Garlic Mashed Sweet Potatoes
4 large Yams or Sweet Potatoes peeled and diced evenly
16oz (approx 2 cups) Chicken Broth Low Sodium
5-6 Garlic Cloves minced and sautéed in a little bit of Pam (0 calorie non-stick cooking spray)
2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt or to taste
1 tbsp Garlic Powder or to taste
1 tbsp Onion Powder or to taste
Black Pepper to taste
1. Peel and dice yams into even pieces (so they cook evenly) then place them all in a large pot.
2. Fill the pot with cold water just above the potatoes and put them on high heat on the stove-top bringing them to a boil.
3. Rapid Boil the yams for approx 15 minutes until they are tender (you can pull one out to check them).
4. While the yams are boiling, peel and mince the garlic cloves then sauté them in a skillet in a little bit of Pam (0 calorie non-stick cooking spray) just until they soften a little and become a golden brown. Set them aside.
5. Once the yams are tender, strain them and put them AND THEN WEIGH THEM at this stage before you add any other ingredients to them! This is important for correct portioning!!
Portioning Note: However many ounces of cooked sweet potato you have is how you'll know how many carb portions you'll need to separate your whole batch of Garlic Mash into! Carb portions: Women 2oz, Men 3oz. So if you have 12 ounces of cooked sweet potato you'll know you have 6 carb portions total for women and 4 carb portions total for men. When you are finished with this recipe you'll divide your whole pot into the appropriate amount of carb portions for YOU! You cannot just weigh these after they are all done because they'll be heavier with the chicken broth and other ingredients.
6. After you figured out your portions put the cooked yams back into the pot or a large bowl then add all the other ingredients to them (including the sautéed minced garlic).
7. Using a handheld electric mixer, mix them on high until they are smooth and creamy! Taste them and adjust any of the seasonings to taste! They should taste savory (NOT sweet), garlicky, salty, and creamy! They're different than your typical yams or sweet potatoes flavor!
Blue Cheese Buffalo Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Celery
Super simple! Really refreshing! Eat COLD--no need to re-heat! PERFECT FOR PROTEIN SNACKS IN BETWEEN MEALS! OR ADD A CARB FOR A FULL FTDI MEAL!
1- 12.5 oz can COLD Chicken Breast in water (you can use cooked shredded chicken breast if you don't want to use a can but today, for me, I opened a can and yes that's FTDI)
1 handful of finely chopped Baby Spinach
1/4 cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce (zero calories)
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Dried Onion FLAKES (or 1/4 tsp Onion Powder)
1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
Black Pepper to taste
3-4 Celery sticks cut in half
Walden Farms Blue Cheese Dressing (zero calories)
1. Drain water from canned chicken and weigh the entire amount (I had 8oz at this point).
2. In a bowl mix all ingredients together (except WF Blue Cheese) with a fork then re-weigh your chicken (I had 9oz at this point).
3. Portion your completed chicken mixture using the original weight (so since I'm female and need 4oz protein I split this into 2 equal meals, males would have one portion or double this recipe)
4. Drizzle Walden Farms Blue Cheese on top!
Portion Info: This is counted only as protein. Veggies are unlimited. Protein portions are 4oz women, 6oz men. Follow my portioning instructions in my recipe for accurate protein portion for this recipe!
Garlic Green Beans
1lb green beans
1 small white onion sliced longways
6-8 garlic cloves minced
Grapeseed oil (just a tad to stir fry the veggies in)
Note: For FTDI version, use zero calorie Pam - Olive Oil flavor instead of Grapeseed Oil)
Seasonings: All to taste (don't over do it)
Pink Himalayan Salt
1) In a Wok or a large skillet saute all the ingredients and seasonings in a tad bit of Grapeseed oil-just enough to coat the bottom of the pan (or Olive Oil Pam if FTDI) on high heat, stirring frequently.
Note: A Wok works so perfectly for this dish! Just a little FYI. :)
2) Cover the pan slightly with a lid (not fully) to create a little steam while the green beans, garlic, onions are sauteeing.
3) Saute them until everything is tender (not mushy and not crunchy still). It's ok if the onion and garlic start to get toasty--it'll taste yummy that way!
Crock Pot Cilantro Lime Shredded Chicken
About 3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I usually use frozen)
½ cup water
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup salsa
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1 lime, juiced
Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker.
In a bowl combine water, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salsa, and Italian seasoning. Pour marinade over chicken. Sprinkle chicken breasts with chili powder and then with garlic.
Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
When cooking in complete, gently move the chicken breasts from the slow cooker to a large bowl. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker and discard the rest. Pour the liquid over the chicken, then shred with two forks.
Add the chopped cilantro and lime juice and continue to shred until combined.
To freeze chicken, let it cool to room temperature then distribute meal sized portions of chicken into Ziploc bags and freeze for future use.
2 - 3 cucumbers (Please note, you can also use the ingredients below to make a Kale Salad...the longer it soaks, the better it tastes!!)
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Pinch of salt and pepper
OPTIONAL ADD-INS: fresh dill, fresh mint, or any other fresh herbs
1. Slice up the cucumbers as thin as possible (I used a mandolin to get them very thin)
2. Add ingredients
3. Shake up in a container and let sit overnight. Keep shaking whenever you want to let the juices soak in!
Serving - 1 cup
Deviled Egg Whites
These Deviled Egg whites taste and look like they have yolk but they DON'T! There is no yolk in this recipe--egg whites only! This is an all protein recipe!
Women: 3-4 Hardboiled egg whites (halved)
Men: 6-8 Hardboiled egg whites (halved)
Zero Calorie Spicy Brown Mustard (or regular yellow mustard if desired)
Walden Farms zero calorie Bacon Ranch Dressing
Tapatio (or your choice of zero calorie hot sauce)
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1. Make as many hard boiled eggs as you'd like and let them chill. Once they are cold, slice hard boiled eggs in half long ways and discard the yolk (plants and doggies like yolk btw).
2. Put half of each egg you will be making into your Vitamix (or food processor).
3. Squirt a little Spicy Brown Mustard (zero calorie Spicy Brown Mustard is found at Target—Market Pantry Target Brand, not all spicy brown mustard is zero calories), some Walden Farms Bacon Ranch dressing, Tapatio, and all the seasonings to taste into your Vitamix and blend well on high until you get an egg yolk color and consistency.
Note: I didn't put exact measurements for condiments and seasonings in this recipe because you can make however many deviled eggs you want. Just put a little at a time of each ingredient and taste it. You don't want this mixture to be runny. You want it the texture or the yolk mixture you typically put on regular deviled eggs.
4. Put the faux egg yolk blend into a baggie, cut the corner, and squeeze the mixture into the other halves of your boiled egg whites.
Note: You can use a simple Ziploc bag and cut the corner, a piping bag with a pretty tip for a cool design, or you can literally just spoon it on top....it's up to you!
5. Sprinkle with Paprika on top! Put it on a pretty platter and ENJOY!
Portion Info: These are protein only. Eat one protein portion: Women 3-4 egg whites, Men 6-8 egg whites.
One Pan Sweet Potato, Broccoli and Chicken Bake
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cubed
3-4 cups broccoli florets
1 large sweet potato, ¼ inch small cubes–small cubes are key(~1 1/2 cups cubed)
2/3 cup red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup raisins or refined sugar-free cranberries (we like Made in Nature)
3 Tbsp. chopped walnuts or nuts of choice*
1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning, dried
1/2 tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. pepper
Preheat oven to 375 °F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment.
On the pan, combine the broccoli, sweet potato, onion, garlic, raisins and walnuts. Drizzle with oil, add seasonings, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread evenly amongst the pan, cover with foil and bake for 12 minutes.
After the 12 minutes remove from oven, add chicken, toss and place back in oven to bake for another 8 minutes. Then again remove from oven, toss once more and place back in oven without foil this time and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sweet potatoes are soft.